Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ukraine: Exclusive! Interview with Alloise "Loreen is a very warm and strong person - she really shines inside and outside"

Alloise is one of the contestants for the Ukrainian national selection this year with her song "Crown". She will perform this Saturday in the second Semi-Final. Here you can see the official video of her entry:


Some days ago we talked to Alloice about her participation in the Latvian national selection, her meeting with ESC Winner Loreen and her new album. Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...

Hello Alloise, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Ukrainian national selection 2016.  

How does it feel to be part of the Ukrainian national selection with your song “Crown”?
Alloise: Hello! I feel so excited about this. I'm so grateful I can be a part of the competition. Though I never considered myself as a venturesome person, it's always good for an artist to open new horizons. Eurovision is something really new to me and my band.

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Ukrainian national selection and who decided “Crown”?
Alloise: It was me and my team who decided to participate. 'Crown' is competitive by itself, because of its lyrics, music and message in general. So we thought it would be great to let this song start living its own life in such a extraordinary way.

What is the message of “Crown”?
Alloise: Be yourself. Don't fight for the "Crown" they're offering you. Find your own crown, don't copy and be a unique Queen.

Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career? 
Alloise: I used to perform as a dj and a house vocalist for a while. Singing in clubs, I learnt how to entertain people and how to give them positive vibes through the music.

In the last years you performed with well known acts like Nelly Furtado, Faithless or the Winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 – Loreen. Can you tell us something about meeting her? 
Alloise: Loreen is a very nice girl. Such a warm and strong person. She really shines inside and outside. We talked for a while, and those 5 minutes left very good memories in my mind and soul.  
What are you expecting in the national selection, are you excited?
Alloise: I am very excited, I am cultivating dreams and ideas and cherishing hope for the future victories.

How do you prepare yourself for the show?  
Alloise: I rehearse a lot, trying to keep my eyes, ears and heart open for catching new experience.   

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Ukrainian entries?
Alloise: In Ukraine, I like Jamala a lot. And one of my favorite Eurovision songs is 'Rise like a Phoenix', definitely. I like strong men and women. I understand what they are singing about. 

What is your first Eurovision memory?
Alloise: When I was looking through ABBA biography, there was a mention about their participation in Eurovision contest. I was surprised, they don't sound like Eurovision winning bands sound nowadays. So that is my first Eurovision memory.

What are your plans for 2016 beside the Ukrainian national selection, are you working on a album? 
Alloise: Oh yes I am! To be more exact, we've already finished the album called 'Episode' we've been working on for the past 2 years. Its release is scheduled for March 8. I'm waiting for the whole world to enjoy it! 

If people outside Ukraine never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Alloise: I'm real. I love music. I love music fans. I'm excited about exploring and growing process!

Why should the Ukrainian audience vote for your song to represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2016? 
Alloise: I don't like to be obsessive to people. My feelings are the same is when it comes to my music. If you like it - vote for it. If you don't - well, it's ok, we'll try to touch your heart next time. Because I love touching hearts with my music. This is really the main thing for me.

Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans? 
Alloise: Always stay true to yourself! Your unicity is your power!

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Ukrainian national selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm!  
Alloise: Thanks a lot for such a nice interview :-)) Take care!


Support Alloise and her music. Download her entry "Crown" on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify:


For other possibilities check the stores in your country.

Find out more about Alloise and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment