Saturday, February 27, 2016

Slovenia: Exclusive! Interview with Raiven "My song is different, fresh and I will give my best at performing it"

(© Matej & Katarina Photography)
Raiven is one of the contestants for the Slovenian national selection "EMA 2016" with her song "Črno Bel". She will perform in the national final of "EMA 2016" on 27th February 2016. The full song isn't available yet, but here you listen to all snippets of "EMA 2016".

We talked to Raiven some days ago about her participation in the Slovenian national selection "EMA 2016". Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...

(© Jani Ugrin, RTVSLO)
Hello Raiven, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Slovenian national selection “EMA 2016”.

How does it feel to be part of the national selection with your song “Črno Bel”?
Raiven: Amazing! I can't wait till Saturday.
Who had the idea that you could participate in the Slovenian national selection and who decided “Črno Bel”?
Raiven: I always wanted to attend EMA, so I decided that this year is the right time for me. "Črno bel" was written just for Ema, so we knew that from the start.
What is the message of "Črno Bel"?
Raiven: It has many messages. So it depends from the listener.
Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career?
Raiven: My career as Raiven started in 2014 with my first single "Jadra". But i started singing at the age of four, when i started going to school for music.
What are you expecting in the national selection “EMA 2016”, are you excited?
Raiven: I expect a great and memorable performance, but of course I wish to win!
How do you prepare yourself for the show?
Raiven: For now, the preparations are going great. Yesterday I had my first stage rehearsal and I think the will really work it's magic.
Are you a Eurovision fan?
Raiven: Of course, since I was a little girl.:-)

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Slovenian history?
Raiven: I have many favourites. The first one i can think of is probably Euphoria. But from Slovenian competitors, Maja Keuc was amazing.
What are your plans for 2016 beside the Slovenian national selection, are you working on a album?
Raiven: Yes, I would like to finally release my first album :-)

If people outside Slovenia never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Raiven: That I am a singer and a harpist, currently studying opera singing at Academy for music in Ljubljana.



Why should the Slovenian audience vote for your song to represent Slovenia at Eurovision 2016?
Raiven: Because it is different, fresh and I will give my best at performing it.
Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans?
Raiven: Thank you for reading the interview! If you like what you read and want to know more about me and my music, you can follow me on Instagram, Youtube and Faceboook.
Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Slovenian national selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm!


Support Raiven and her music. Listen to her latest single "Bežim" on Spotify:


For other possibilities check the stores in your country.

(© Ulla Wolk)
Find out more about Raiven and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment