Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Switzerland: Exclusive! Interview with Bella C "'Another World' is about to spread love - we can do it, if we hold together"

Bella C is one of the contestants for the Swiss national selection "Die Entscheidungsshow" with her song "Another World". She will perform on 13th February 2016 in the National Final.


We spoke to Bella C some days ago about her participation in the Swiss national final of "Die Entscheidungsshow". Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say..


Hello Bella C, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Swiss national selection “Die Entscheidungsshow”.
Bella C: Hello everyone from  "Join Us on Eurovision" :-)

How does it feel to be part of the national selection with the song "Another World"?
Bella C: Aaah, it's just an amazing feeling being part of this ESC family! I am extremely happy to be part of the selection!

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Swiss national selection and who decided "Another World"?
Bella C: The decision about ESC came absolutely spontaneous. It was just few days before the dead line. All happened very fast, and we (me and a friend of mine) didn't had time even to think much. For a week we completed the writing of the song, recorded it, made an arrangement in the studio, shoot the video and ... Uploaded it to the platform . 4 - 5 hours before dead line :-) Just like a movie running on a fast lane...but it was worth doing it!!!

What is the message of "Another World"?
Bella C: "Another World" it's a very dramatic,emotional and breath taking ballad. The text of the song came out very fast, it was Just pouring out of my fingers. At that particular moment  I felt very much involved in the world's situation. I mean : crises, personal dramas, aggression, anger, hate..etc.. Lots of negative emotions. We are living in a fast world, concentrated on wellbeing and money. Somehow lost in this endless matrix we forget the most important think. The LOVE. And I don't talk only about love between partners and couples. I speak generally about love and respect between people. We just need to be more good with each other and change this world to "Another World" of Love..the lyrics were my message to all of us.. "Let's spread love. We can do it, if we hold together"

You were born in Bulgaria, why have you decided to submit a song for Switzerland and not for Bulgaria?
Bella C: I left Bulgaria when I was 17. Travelled around the world, exploring life and different countries and mentalities. The will of fortune brought me to Swiss in 1999. The plan was to stay here just one month-than to go back to Cyprus (at that time I was working there). Here in Swiss I felt like "Alice in the wonderland" - good people, beautiful places, wonderful nature, respectful  public, Good food.. Hmmm ;-)  and amazing friends! It just felt right, and no one let me go back to Cyprus! So glad I stayed. Everything I am now its the result of what I've learned for the last 17 years in this country. Swiss is my second-first home, that's why I decided to sing for Swiss

Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career?
Bella C: I started my music career 20 years ago. Traveling between Cyprus, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Turkey, Sweden, Norway , Singapore, China, Japan even Lapland (on -40'C ) :-)  was interesting experience to see and feel all those countries. I was doing cover songs. Than I decided to reduce stage performances and to learn more about music. Went to a studio, and start composing. I did 1-2 albums, I worked with some known Swiss musicians, but basically I wanted to develop myself as a song writer and studio musician.. Some years later I realized I was missing live performances, and than I start parallel with studio work, some small shows.. Than bigger ones, and bigger ones.. I had the honor to share the stage with Nelly Furtado, The Hurts, Loreen (ESC 2012) , Tom Odell ... I'm really enjoying my life as a musician. It's exciting, and there is nothing else in the world I wanna do, but singing and playing piano. :-) 
What are you expecting in the national selection “Die Entscheidungsshow”, are you excited?
Bella C: Just few days ago we started the year of fire monkey (by Chinese calendar) the year of surprises and unexpected endings... I really don't know who may win, how the night will be, how the people will vote and what the jury will decide.. The only think I know is that I will sing and perform with 100 % emotions and fire in me.. Counting the days and the hours to 13.02. Very excited about it!!!

How do you prepare yourself for the show?
Bella C: I am preparing mostly mentally For 13.02. I wanna be calm so I can deliver better results. Also working on my English and my face expressions ( in front of camera less is more)

Are you a Eurovision fan?
Bella C: I am big fan!! :-) I have been following ESC since some years. Always keeping eye on who is singing, what kind of songs, I even voted few times. Some how I feel myself part of this Europe music family. :-)

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Swiss entries?
Bella C: Of course - Celine Dion is my biggest inspiration when I think about Swiss ESC performer. I have only one word for her - "Amazing"! This power and at the same time easiness of her performance were breathtaking for me! Chapeau!!! Some of my favorite songs are "Euphoria" ( Loreen 2012), "Molitva" ( Maria Serifovic 2007) the classic in this format "Waterloo" ( ABBA 1974)

What is your first Eurovision memory?
Bella C: The first one was again Celine Dion. 1988!

What kind of music do you like personally?
Bella C: I do music since so many years, playing a different styles, from classic to rap and latest music hits. It's really hard to say. I love dancing, so I guess any music, that touches my heart and make me jump and dance, it's my kind of music :-)

Who is Bella C as private person?
Bella C: I'm a home person. I enjoy spending time with friends, laughing and joking and smiling. Really love being home, love sports, don't love cooking ;-) hahaaa.... But I enjoy good food! I am addicted to music. Can't stay long without it. When I go on a holiday, already on the second day I am searching for a bar or restaurant with live music.. I think I am seriously addicted!! :-)

What are your plans for 2016 beside the Swiss national selection, are you working on a album?
Bella C: My plans? Well .. My plans are always connected with music. It was like this before ESC and it will be that way after ESC. My music agenda it's kind of full for 2016 already. I have in plans to do lot of gigs, parties, studio jobs, recording of songs.. Also idea for an interesting album it's also in vision! Bella C it's a music soldier since 20 years and I guess it will go on like this for the next 20 years! :-)

What are your wishes for the future?
Bella C: Good health, motivation, balance, creativity, love and applauses from fans, wonderful  moments with friends and family, also quite times and good holidays somewhere surrounded by sand and palms.... Aaaaahh... I would love that! :-)

If people outside Switzerland never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Bella C: They should know that I am hard working Bulgarian, who lives for the music :)

Your song “Another World” is a strong ballad and has everything what a Eurovision ballad needs – what do you think about your chances?
(© Brabadoo GmbH)
Bella C: Yes, the "Another World" it's a strong and very emotional ballad.. That kind of ballade suits the taste of Balkan ears. It's timeless, it's like evergreen,it's melodic and dramatic with positive message - to be more good with eachother and share and show more love. I think the package of song, voice, look and nationality can motivate all my Balkan Neighbours to vote for me.


Why should the Swiss audience vote for your song to represent Switzerland at Eurovision 2016?
Bella C: Because I am a different choice from the candidates till now. I think they never sent a Bulgarian to represent them. :-)  I will be honored to do it!!!

Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans?
Bella C: Dear readers and fans, stay healthy and happy! Keep giving, showing and sharing love! Keep listening to wonderful Eurovision songs and keep fingers cross for me! I promise I will give the best I have to make you proud of me!! Send you all my love and care!!!!! ️

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Swissnational selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm!
Bella C: Thank you for taking time and reading my answers!! :))

Support Bella C and her music. Download her entry "Another World" on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify:


For other possibilities check the stores in your country.

(© Brabadoo GmbH)
Find out more about Bella C and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment