Friday, February 12, 2016

Denmark: Exclusive! Interview with Sophia Nohr "I have a very intense memory of Emmelie de forest singing ‘Rainmaker’ as the official Eurovision song 2014"

Sophia Nohr is one of the finalists for the Danish national selection "DMGP 2016" with her song "Blue Horizon". She will perform on 13th February 2016 in the National Final.

We spoke to Sophia Nohr some days ago about her participation in the Danish national final of "DMGP 2016". Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say..


Hello Sophia, how does it feel to be part of the Danish national final of “DMGP 2016” with your song “Blue Horizon”?
Sophia: Well,  thank you so much - as you can imagine it’s very surreal and absolutely fantastic to actually be part of the national selection. I’m very pleased and happy for this opportunity.

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Danish national selection and who decided “Blue Horizon”?
Sophia: I was contacted by the team of GL music, while they wanted to write a song with me for the DMGP. I told them about my ideas, my story and inspirations - and then two songwriters of the team ‘gave birth’ to the song Blue Horizon, so to speak ;)

What is the message of “Blue Horizon”?
Sophia: It’s about courage to follow the path of passion. And when you do follow through with the things that makes you happy, you can also let go of whatever was holding you back. I didn’t have the childhood that one usually dream about, but in spite of struggles I have always followed my passion for music. So it’s really about finding that courage to let go of the past and move forward towards your dreams. I think that message is very connected to what Eurovision is about. Nothing is ever impossible no matter where you come from or who you are.

Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career?
Sophia: I have always loved writing music and singing, but it was hard to make it while being single mother of two little girls. I love my girls to the stars and back, so everything I do should never influence on how they live. They have me by their side always. I wanted to be an inspiration to my girls, so they could see me follow my ambitions and living my dream. That’s why I participated in the Danish X factor last year, and that was the beginning of my career really. Since X factor I have been singing my songs throughout the country and been preparing my first single ‘welcome to the list’ - The process there was delayed though, whilst the DMGP songs were early leaked. But it is there waiting for the right moment. Now it is Blue Horizon I have my focus on, and  I love the song for being unique and representing who I am and what I sound like as an artist. Hopefully it will make it in the competition as well.

What are you expecting in the national selection “DMGP 2016”, are you excited?
Sophia: I expect it to be an unforgettable event, which nothing can be compared. The national selections in Denmark is usually amazing shows, so I expect nothing less of this year. Perhaps we can make it the best show ever seen in Denmark :) I sure hope so

How do you prepare yourself for the show?
Sophia: I have been really ill, so I have been training my voice with a vocal coach and taking a lot of different medicin to be ready for the show. Otherwise I am just trying to relax as much as possible with two kids dancing around ;)

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Danish entries?
Sophia: I was blown away by Loreen’s ‘Euphoria’ and then I have a very intense memory of Emmelie de forest singing ‘Rainmaker’ as the official Eurovision song. I was moved by how people from all over the world, got together for the Eurovision - hand in hand singing the frase ‘heya’ all over again. I really teared up at that time :)
What is your first Eurovision memory?
Sophia: I think it was when ‘Brødrene Olsen’ won the Eurovision with "Fly On The Wings Of Love".

What are your plans for 2016 beside the Danish national selection, are you working on a album?
Sophia: I am working on writing the right songs for an album, i’m not in it to rush anything- I really want to make it right, and do it my own way :) But as i mentioned, my single ‘Welcome to the list’ should be out soon, and I have made an awesome music video to go with that ;)

If people outside Denmark never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Sophia: First of all, they should know that I am not just singing because i love singing- I am singing because I want to express my view of life - I am an interpreter of what I meet and feel inspired by. I have been through some challenges in life, and some people can hear and relate to that fight in my voice. But I am a very happy person with a possitive attitude, and I hope people outside Denmark also feel inspired by my music and consider it worth listening to :)

Why should the Danish audience vote for your song to represent Denmark at Eurovision 2016?
Sophia: It is defiantly a stand-out and has a melancholic, but yet hopeful and sensual nordic folk vibe into it, and I think it could be one to be remembered in the Eurovision. If the danish audience vote for Blue Horizon to win, I would be much honored to be representing my country, with a song that has the sound of our origin, but also is very modern and appeal to an international crowd as well.

Do you have a message for our readers and your fans?
Sophia: I am very thankful for your great support and interest in the danish national selection, I love everything about Eurovision, and am happy to be joining the Eurovision community which brings countries and people together for the great passion for music - Hope I will see you in the horizon at any time soon ;)
Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Danis national selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm!

Support Sophia Nohr and her music. Download "Blue Horizon" on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify: 


For other possibilities check the stores in your country. 

Find out more about Sophia Nohr and follow her:






No comments:

Post a Comment