Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Austria: Exclusive! Interview with Zoë "I love what I do and I'll never stop working on my dreams"

(© ORF, Milenko Badzic)
Zoë won the Austrian national final of "Wer singt für Österreich?" on 12th February 2016. She will represent Austria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with the song "Loin d'ici".

We spoke to Zoë some days ago about her participation in Eurovision 2016. Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say..
(© ORF, Milenko Badzic)
Hello Zoë, first of all congratulation for winning Austrian national final of "Wer singt für Österreich?"!

How does it feel to be chosen representing Austria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016?
Zoë: I’m so grateful and honored to get the chance to represent my country at the Eurovision in Stockholm! 

Who had the idea that you could participate in “Wer singt für Österreich?” and who decided "Loin d'ici"?
Zoë: I participated already in 2015 but I did not win the Austrian final that year.In 2016, I have been asked by ORF, if I would be interested in participating in the Austrian final again, and I said yes because it’s my big dream to be on stage in the world’s largest entertainment show! 
What is the message of " Loin d'ici "?
Zoë: Loin d’ici is a song about a journey to an imaginary paradise – a place where everyone is happy singing and dancing. It’s not a physical place, more a state of mind. The song is meant to radiate positive vibes to put a smile on the faces of those who listen to it!
Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career? 
Zoë: As far as I can remember , I've always dreamed of a music career. i sang at home all day long and at the age of 10 I participated at the "kiddy contest" a singing casting show for kids , and Allthough I did not win , this was the moment I knew I want to be on stage and perform. I never let go of my dream since that day.
What are you expecting in Eurovision 2016?
Zoë: The eurovision 2016 is the biggest event in my career so far , and i expect an amazing experience that I will always have in my heart for the rest of my life even if i don't end up getting very far ln the contest. I expect meeting wonderfull interesting, music loving people whith whom I'll be able to share my passion for music . i expect an amazing journey! 
Are you planning to make some changes on your performance or outfit? 
Zoë: We work on this right now. We want to produce a colourful, minimalistic total work of art. Let’s see how it develops in the coming days and weeks. This is a great challenge. I love it! 
What happened with you in the last weeks after your victory? 
Zoë: I was very busy , which I love! I did a lot of interviews ,worked on the music video and the live performance with my wonderful team and  after a big part of the work was done , I was allowed to take some time off in Thailand with my boyfriend , a trip that I've planned months ago. I was very happy that I got the opportunity to to do so in order find myself and relax before going to Stockholm and making the next big step. 
What kind of promotion plans do you have for “Loin d'ici”, will you join some of the Eurovision Pre-Parties (Amsterdam, Riga, London…)? 
Zoë: I’ll attend the events in Amsterdam, Stockholm and Israel. I’m looking forward to performing there! So exciting!!
Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Zoë: Yes, definitly – I grew up with music and the Eurovision was always a special event in my family. I always have been fascinated by the stage, the lights and the show!
Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite your home country?
What is your first Eurovision memory?
Zoë: I must have been around 7 years old and my parents layed me down to bed.  I heard the music from the living room and listened for a long time while my parents thought I was sleeping. It was the Eurovision!
What are your plans for 2016 besides Eurovision 2016, are you working on a album?
Zoë: Currently the focus is definitly on the Eurovision , the live show , the costume and so on but I would love to do a second album for 2016, in this amazingly exciting time I surely get inspired a lot in order to write new songs ;)
What was the most excited moment in your life?
Zoë: The moment I heard the hosts say my name at "Wer singt für Österreich":)
What are your wishes for the future? 
Zoë: To always pursue my dreams and stay happy and healthy :)
If people outside Austria never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Zoë: Maybe that I'm an Austrian singer and songwriter who writes and sings in french?;) I love what I do and that I'll never stop working on my dreams..
What makes “Loin d'ici” different to the other contestants and why should Europe vote for you? 
Zoë: It's neither in English nor in my countrys language German which is already something non-typical , I think that singing in a differant language opens a door for every other language that might not be that common or international in the music business . Musicans should perform in the language that they feel the most comfortable with. Music is already a language and everybody speaks it, why always sing in English if you feel authentic and comfortable to sing in Italian? 
Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans? 
Zoë: Hey dear readers ! I'm really looking forward to the Eurovision 2016 and I cant wait to be on stage and sing Loin d'ici for you! If you like my song and feel happy after listening to it, then of course I'd be honored if you vote for me! I'm sending you a lot of kisses from Austria :)  
Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for “ Loin d'ici” and  see you soon in Stockholm! :-)

Support Zoë and her music. Download her Eurovision entry "Loin d'ici" on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify:

For other possibilities check the stores in your country.

Zoë is honored to reprsent Austria at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm. She will participate with "Loin d'ici" in the second half of the first Semi-Final on 10th May 2016.
(© ORF, Milenko Badzic)

Find out more about ZOË and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment