Friday, December 23, 2016

FYR Macedonia: Jana Burceska to Kyiv!

Jana Burceska (© Erina Bogoeva)
MKRTV, Macedonian broadcaster, announced on 24th November 2016 that Jana Burceska will represent FYR Macedonia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kiev. Informations about her Eurovision entry will follow soon..
"I would like to infinitely thank the National Broadcaster for investing their trust and choosing me to represent our country in the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest. I am grateful and really appreciate the opportunity I’ve been given, but am also aware of the responsibilities I must bear. My heart skipped a beat when I was told the good news and I have kept on smiling ever since", said Jana Burceska to Eurovision.tv
Jana is known from the first Macedonian Idol season in 2011, where she ended on 5th place. In 2012 she took part in the Skopje Festival with the song "Bi bila tvoja".

Macedonia was represented by Kaliopi in Stockholm at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016. Her song "Dona" failed to qualify to the Eurovision final by ending on 11th place in the the semi-final.

Jana Burceska will be honoured to represent FYR Macedonia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv. She will participate in one of the semi-finals on 9th or 11th May 2017. Will she bring her country back to the Eurovision final?

Find out more about Jana Burceska and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment