Saturday, February 14, 2015

Moldova: Exclusive! Interview with Diana Brescan "I hope my song 'Up and Down' will melt the listener’s heart"


Diana Brescan is one of the participants for the first Semi-Final from 'O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015' in Moldova on 24th of February 2015 with the song called 'Up and Down'.




We had the chance to talk to Diana Brescan some days ago about her participation in the Moldovan competition. Read our interview with her to find out what she had to say...


Hello Diana, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the National Selection ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa’ with your song ‘Up and Down’. 

How does it feel to be part of ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ with the song ‘Up and Down’? 
Diana: I'm very glad that I succeeded once again to get in the semi finals, I really  like the song "Up and Down", it's something different from the songs I was used to sing.

Who had the idea that you could participate with ‘Up and Down’? 
Diana: The whole team took part to the  development of this idea: I as a singer, the composer and of course my producer.

Can you tell us something about the story behind ‘Up and Down’?
Diana: From the beginning there were proposed several songs especially for this contest, including the song "Up and Down". Finally  we have choosed this one, because it's rock style and the song itself makes me feel amazing. I just love it. The story is simple: Love from first audition. :-) 


Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career? 
Diana: I have begun my music career since 9 years. Actually I have participated to a lot of nationals and internationals festivals/contests and I have taken the first place every time, so I realised that music is my life.

What are you expecting in the Moldovan national selection ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’, are you excited?
Diana: Of course I am, but I have just positive emotions and I hope I’ll get a good result because our team is working day by day for this.

Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Diana: Yes, I am. I love this contest and it was a dream to represent my country at Eurovision Song Contest. It’s not so easy to get  in the Final Show,  but I’ll do my best so that my dream come true.

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite song in Moldovan ESC history?
Diana: My favorite Eurovision song is “Euphoria” by Loreen, she represented  Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. Talking about Moldavian ESC history I can say that I like  all songs that  represented our country :-)

What is your first Eurovision memory?
Diana: My first Eurovision memory is related to a girls band, whose singer I was 3 years ago, than I have understood what means team work.

Which kind of music do you hear in private?
Diana: From my point of view an artist should listen to all music genres and I’m not an exception. But still I prefer the slow ones, because they characterize my entire world and are closer to my heart.

Can you tell us something about Diana in private?
Diana: Actually I don't like to talk about myself. I just can say that I’m an unpretentious and  friendly person :-)

What makes you happy?
Diana: What makes me happy? Mmm a good question. For me Happiness means health, my parents being healthy and supporting me in what I’m doing. Peace in the whole world makes me feel happy and I’m happy that  I can spread through music a message “"love each other and so we’ll be peace in our souls, in our families, in our countries, in the entire world".

What makes a day for you perfect?
Diana: A perfect day is when I succeed  in doing  all my purposes for that day .

What are your plans for 2015 beside ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’?
Diana: We have a lot of projects for this year beside “O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015”. I will participate to Song Contests, there are new song entries we are working at and I hope soon we’ll realize my first video. So keep in touch and expect news from us :-)

What are your wishes for the future? 
Diana: We have a lot of plans for future, but I’m a little superstitious and I prefer to keep them in secret. All I want for future, soon will be realized. You just  follow me :-)

Why should the audience from Moldova vote for your song to represent Moldova at Eurovision 2015? 
Diana: The song “Up and Down” is a  special one, through it’s arrangement and the spread message. I hope it will melt the listener’s heart.

Do you have a message for ‘Join Us on Eurovision’ readers and your fans? 
Diana:  Definitely. Follow the blog “Join Us on Eurovision” in order  to be updated with all  contest news and I will enjoy you with new beautiful songs. Also I have prepared a video message to share my excitement and love with you. So watch it out.. :-)



Thank you so much for answer those questions and your personal message. Good luck for you and your song in ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ and maybe we see us in Vienna! 
Diana: Thank you for your best wishes and I hope we’ll meet in Vienna. :-)

Find out more about Diana Brescan and follow her:




No comments:

Post a Comment