Saturday, February 14, 2015

Latvia: Exclusive! Interview with Antra Stafecka "It's The Night' is a song about powerful woman, who know what she need's to do with her men"


Antra Stafecka is one of the Semi-Finalists for the national selection 'Supernova 2015' in Latvia with their song called 'It's The Night'. She will perform again on 15th of February 2015 in the Latvian Semi-Final of 'Supernova 2015'.


We had the chance to talk to Antra Stafecka some days ago about her participation in the Latvian national selection. Read our interview with below below to find out what she had to say...


Hello Antra, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Latvian Semi-Final of ‘Supernova 2015’ with your song ‘It’s The Night’ on 15th of February 2015. 

How does it feel to be part of ‘Supernova 2015’? 
Antra: It`s great! I feel great! It`s always something new! 

Who had the idea that you could participate with ‘It’s The Night’? 
Antra: It was my idea! My song! Music is mine and lyric is written by  my friend and singer Kerija Kalēja!

Can you tell us something about the story behind ‘It’s The Night’?
Antra:  :-) It`s about love… and about women power! Nothing new! It`s not about women, who is in love and blind! This is a song about powerfool women, who know what she need`s to do with her men! :-) :-) :-)

Can you tell us something about the beginning career? 
Antra: I sing since I was 2 years old! I have participated in various TV shows! I work with Latvian profesional musicians and was on the one stage with Italian singer Al Bano! I sing all the time! It`s my passion, it`s my life! :-)

What are you expecting in the Latvian national selection ‘Supernova 2015’, are you excited?
Antra: Of course I`m excited! I think that we can learn and get experience from all competitions! Supernova 2015 in Latvia is something fresh, something new to all of us!I hope that I can get from this only great emotions and be pleased! 

Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Antra:  Maybe I`m not a fan, but I like to watch it every year on TV! I like that singers are so hopefool and happy in this competition! 

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite song in Latvian ESC history?
Antra: I don’t know! :-) I like a lot of them! But if we talk about Latvian songs in Eurovision, I like Maria Naumova (Marie N)! She was winner! She inspire me!




What is your first Eurovision memory?
Antra: O my God! :-) I don’t know.. I remember that time when the winner of Eurovision was Turkey! I loved this song! I was a little girl and I don’t remember it any more.. But I remember that I sing that song all the time!

Which kind of music do you hear in private?
Antra: Old rock! I love Joann Jett, Aerosmith!

Can you tell us something about who Antra in private?
Antra: Two son`s mother! A good wife ( I hope so ;-)) I`m a good friend and positive emotions in my life is all the time! 

What makes you happy?
Antra: My life! I said it all the time – Only those days, what you remember, are lived! I hope that I can live my life like that – remember!!! 

What makes a day for you perfect?
Antra: Good morning! If I woke up like a monster, then I will be a monster! :-)  ..and happy emotions – be positive all the time! I like to think only positive! 




What are your plans for 2015 beside ‘Supernova’?
Antra: In this year comin out my first SOLO album! This is my biggest plan at the year!

What was the most excited moment in your life? 
Antra: My son`s birth! 

What are your plans for the future? 
Antra: I don’t know! It`s a big question! Be alive, be happy and do what I like, love!

Why should the audience from Latvia vote for your song to represent Latvia at Eurovision 2015? 
Antra: Because my song is not a standard ballade! My song is positive and at the same time simple to everyone! And… This is something new for me, because I don’t sing songs like this! I like a songs with difficult words, difficult story! 

Do you have a message for ‘Join Us on Eurovision’ readers and your fans? 
Antra: Yes! Belive in your self! Belive in your life! Belive and be positive.. ALWAYS!!! :-)

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in ‘Supernova 2015’ and maybe we see us in Vienna! 


Find out more about Antra Stafecka and follow her:



No comments:

Post a Comment