Saturday, March 1, 2014

ESTONIA: Exclusive! Interview with Brigita Murutar "Music is all around us, all you have to do is listen"


Birgita Murutar is one of the finalists for 'Eesti Laul 2014' in Estonia with her song called 'Laule täis taevakaar'. The winning act will be selected in 'Eesti Laul 2014' in the National Final tonight, 1st of March. Brigita Murutar starts on #1.


We had the chance to talk to Brigita Murutar some days ago about her participation in the Estonian competition. Read our interview with her to find out what she had to say...

Hello Brigita, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the National Final ‘Eesti Laul 2014’ on 1st of March.  


How does it feel to be one of the Finalists with the song ‘Laule täis taevakaar’? 
Brigita: It feels good, I am so excited!!

Who had the idea that you could take part in ‘Eesti Laul 2014’? 
Brigita: Rainer, my manager had that idea, he was the one who came to me.

The meaning of your song is ‘Sky Full Of Songs’. Why it was chosen to sing in Estonian language and not in English?
Brigita: We, estonians, have a “thing” with our language, it is pretty important to us that the song, that is going to represent us on the Eurovision, is in estonian, at least, it is important for me and Rainer.

Can you tell us something about the story behind ‘Laule täis taevakaar’?
Brigita: It is written by my manager Rainer, and the song tells us about a girl, who discovers a wonder world by music.


Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career? 
Brigita: My career is at the very beginning, so there is pretty much  nothing to tell.

What are you expecting in the National Final ‘Eesti Laul 2014’ on 1st of March, are you excited?
Brigita: Of course I am exited, but nervous. I think that it is not wise to think to much, it ruins the big moments.

Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Brigita: Of course I am, my entire family is :)

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Estonian participants?
Brigita: My favorite from Estonian participants is “Tule ja jää” - Kõrsikud, but my favorite song from previous years, is “Wild dancers”.


Which kind of music do you hear in private?
Brigita: I love music and I have not got stuck in one style, I like different styles, like electro, jazz, pop-jazz, rock and so un.

Can you tell us something about Brigita in private?
Brigita: I am happy person, I smile all the time and I love to make other people also smile.



What makes you happy?
Brigita: Those little things, first flower of the spring, sunshine, sunsets, ice on the lake and so un I love our mother earth and all about her.


What makes a day for you perfect?
Brigita: My dogs cold nose on my forehead, sport, good food, tea, being with my loved ones, chocolate..

What are your plans for 2014 beside ‘Eesti Laul’?
Brigita: Trismile Triathlon, working hard on my grades and spending more time with my family :)

What are your wishes for the future? 
Brigita: I wish happiness for everyone.

Why should the audience from Estonia vote for your song to represent Estonia at Eurovision 2014? 
Brigita: It is positive and funny song, which should bring smile to their faces.

Do you have a message for ‘Join Us on Eurovision’ readers and your fans? 
Brigita: Music is all around us, all you have to do is listen!

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in ‘Eesti Laul 2014’ and maybe we see us in Copenhagen! 


Find out more about Brigita and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment