Thursday, March 20, 2014

SLOVENIA: Exclusive! Interview with Tinkara Kovač "As a winner I feel a kind of completed"


Tinkara Kovač won the national final 'EMA 2014' in Slovenia with her song called 'Spet / Round And Round'Tinkara Kovač will represent Slovenia in the second Semi-Final in the second half on 8th of May. 

Watch the performance from Tinkara:


We had the chance to talk to Tinkara some days ago. Read our interview with her to find out what she had to say...

Hello Tinkara, first of all congratulations that you won Slovenian national final 'EMA 2014' on ‘Eesti Laul 2014’ on 8th of March.

How does it feel to be the representative for Slovenia with your song 'Round And Round'?


Tinkara: This year was a kind of new beginning for the Slovenian participation at Eurovision. The jury invited 7 active Slovenian artists or groups who are actually on the spot. It was a last minute call from the organizer to participate at EMA, so it was impossible to produce a song in so short time just for this spectacle. I mean, everyone among us are active musician, working on our music and I bet each song of all of us would be good enough to represent Slovenia. As a winner I feel a kind of completed and grateful to the public that voted for me and of course my collaborators and musicians who worked on this song.

Are you a Eurovision fan?

Tinkara: Not really. I'm a kind of pop-rock artist, whatever that means. :) I have my own bend and we enjoy most having live concerts. Eurovision in important to me as far as it could bring me new music collaborations and new concerts anywhere in Europe.

What is your favourite Eurovision 2014 entry?
Tinkara:I didn't really had time to listen to them, but I know, for example, as I live near the boarder with Italy, that Emma realy rocks! :)

You are doing music since many years. Can you tell us something about your discography? 
Tinkara:I have a rich discography, since 1997 I have released... hmmm... let me think... six studio albums, two special edition albums, two compilations, two international releases and more than 20 collaborations in studio with different artists.

Do you play any instruments?

Tinkara: Yes, I am a flute professor gone bad. :) When I was a young girl, my parents were a sort of hippies and we've listened to LPs and among them there was this attractive creature, Ian Anderson, that payed flute from the woods of United Kingdom...and I said, I want to play flute, too. Later in my music career, I invited him on one of my concerts in Slovenia, in Cankarjev dom, a sort of Royal Albert Hall of Slovenija and he said yes. Then he invited me on his concerts with Jethro Tull or with orchestras and he gave me a special flute with a dedication engraved in it. I will play exactly that flute on the Eurovision stage!

Do you enjoy writing music and/or lyrics?
Tinkara: Of course, I do, both. 

Can you tell us something about Tinkara in private?
Tinkara: I love long nature walks, I like travelling and I like books. And I am a mum of two beautifull daughters. :)

How would you describe your musical image?
Tinkara: I am a pop-rock singer, flutist and composer, feeling at home when on stage.

Which kind of music do you like?
Tinkara: U2, KT Tunstall, Imogen Heap, Pink Floyd, Coldplay, Jethro Tull.

Who are your musical inspirations?
Tinkara: The strange and crazy times around me.

What are your long-range goals and objectives?
Tinkara: Continue to build an ispirational and true music environment around me an never stop being surprised of what life brings me.

What are you planing in music 2014 beside Eurovision?
Tinkara: We strenghten our musical shape with the concerts, we are composing new songs and be a little carefull of the strong Carst wind, not to catch cold. :)

How will your stage performance be in Copenhagen on Eurovision stage?
Tinkara: I know that we wil have a good stage performance. I work with the National TV crew, they are professionals and know exactly how to create a perfect harmony between the big tv show stage special effects and the essence of the message in my song. This is on us, the rest is luck. And if you ask me, I would leave the contests to horses, not people. And if I am even more sincere, I would leave the horses alone, too.
Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in Copenhagen. See you there!


Find out more about Tinkara Kovač and follow her:



No comments:

Post a Comment