Monday, September 28, 2015

Moldova: New single from Sunstroke Project in October!


It's already five years ago since Sunstroke Project participated at the Eurovision Song Contest. Together with Olia Tira they represented Moldova at the Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo with the song "Run Away". The band returned this year to the contest in Vienna - but not as artists. Together with Lidia Isac they worked as blogger and made their own "Video Diary". Check out here..


This year the band tried their Eurovision come back as artists in the Moldovan national selection with the song "Day After Day". The song was a collaboration with DJ Michael Ra. Now they are back with a brand new single. "Not Giving It Up" will be out on 12th of October. It will be possible to download on iTunes and the song will be available on Spotify too.
"This song is a bit out of the Sunstroke Project's regular repertoir. Because of the tendencies in the world's house music culture we have decided to try to compose an unusual single for us. The song is dedicated to my beloved wife. Sergey Stepanov and Sergey Ialovitski helped to finish the job. It's a very lyrical track with a wonderful solo brought to you by the great Epic Sax Guy. We've tried to step aside from the standard songwriting forms and instead of the second couplet we've made a 30-sec sax solo. The good chorus is easy to be remembered. The young and perspective artist Michael Ra helped us to finish the arrangement of the song. Very soon you'll be able to enjoy our work, as we release it on our label Ragoza Music in October." said Anton Ragoza (Violin / Composer) about the new single. 
We asked Anton if it's possible to get some samples from the new song but he smiled and answered "...you have to wait till the release date ;-) ...but I can already give you the lyrics for "Not Giving It Up" :-)". continued Anton. And here they are...

"NOT GIVING IT UP" 

***Lyrics***


Someday you’ll be mine
I feel now that your shapes
Drive me out of mind

I want you for myself
So think about me, girl
I’ll take control of your soul
Gotta move it on

Refrain
Not giving it up
For the moment that raise me up
I never put up
Give you all of my better stuff
Not giving it up
For a day in your fantasy
Not giving it up
You’re the one and tonight we are free

Build up and wreck down
We  burn out all the fears
Throw it to the ground

You wanna play that game
I’m stuck with it again
I’ll take control of your soul
Gotta move it on


Refrain
Not giving it up
For the moment that raise me up
I never put up
Give you all of my better stuff
Not giving it up
For a day in your fantasy
Not giving it up
You’re the one and tonight we are free

We talked to the guys from Sunstroke Project and Lidia Isac some weeks ago. Read the full interview and find out more about their experiences this year in Vienna next days. Stay tuned..

In the meantime you can listen to the single "I Can't Breathe" from Lidia Isac on Spotify or download it on iTunes: 

Stay tuned and who knows, maybe there will be a collaboration between Lidia and Sunstroke Project for Eurovision 2016 ;-)


Find out more about Sunstroke Project and follow them: 

No comments:

Post a Comment