Thursday, March 5, 2015

Germany: Exclusive! Interview with Ann Sophie "I love 'Black Smoke' and I hope to get the chance to perform it in the final of 'USfÖ'"


Ann Sophie won on 19th of Februray 2015 the 'Wildcard' for the German national selection 'Unser Song für Österreich'. She completed the line-up for the final in Hannover with her songs called 'Jump The Gun' and 'Black Smoke'. She will perform today in the German national final.



Listen to both of her entries on Spotify:





We had the chance to talk to Ann Sophie yesterday after the 'USfÖ' press conference about her participation in the German national selection. Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...


Hello Ann Sophie, first of all gratulations that you won the 'Wildcard' from the 'Club Concert' two weeks ago for the German National Final  ‘Unser Song für Österreich’ on 5th of March 2015.  

Two weeks ago you won the ‘Wildcard’ for the German national final in Hamburg at the ‘Club Concert’ with your song ‘Jump The Gun’. Tomorrow will be the German final of ‘USfÖ’. You finished your rehearsals and the pres conference with the other contestants. How do you feel right now, are you excited?
Ann Sophie: I'm feeling very excited and very nervous, but we had a lot of fun during our rehearsals. The stage is so impressive and I still cannot believe to perform on it tonight. The press conference went well and was a lot of fun. I got to meet some of the other artists, which was cool. :)

What has changed in your live after your victory in the 'Club Concert'?
Ann Sophie: A lot of things have changed. Suddenly you are being represented in some News Papers, you have to give many interviews, but it is so much fun and I love every step of the way. :)

What was your motivation to submit a song for the 'Club Concert'?
Ann Sophie: I liked the idea that I could apply with my own single 'Get Over Yourself'. Still back then I never thought that I would actually be chosen to be part of the Clubconcert. I can still not really believe it. The Eurovision Song Contest is amazing, because all of Europe comes together, only for the sake of Music...which makes it such a wonderful, impressive and important.

What is the story of 'Jump The Gun'?
Ann Sophie: Well it is simply about the fact that you cannot rush love. You have to give each other time, and when you rush "her" she will "Jump The Gun".

Who decided 'Black Smoke' for the national final?
Ann Sophie: ...it was a matter of feeling. Personally I love 'Black Smoke'. The song challenges me a lot. I'm very happy that I got the song and I hope I will get the chance to perform 'Black Smoke' tomorrow in the second round of 'USfÖ'. It's a good contrast to 'Jump The Gun'. 

Two weeks ago you won the 'Wildcard', tomorrow will be the final of 'USfÖ'.. How it was possible for you to prepare everything in such a short time?
Ann Sophie: Most of the time I visualize my performances. Since I met my Background Singers three days ago we got to perform together the first time yesterday. I am really excited and grateful that I get support from four great singers and girls. All of us have balls. :)
Could you tell us something about the ideas for the stage concept for the songs?
Ann Sophie: Well.. we had some ideas for the stage visuals. But most of the things we decided today as we did the rehearsal. It was a big challenge for us to realize everything in such a short time :)

What do you think about the other candidates for the German selection this year?
Ann Sophie: I like them all and all of them are very nice. Some of them I met today at the 'USfÖ' press conference. It's a good mix of different music styles. I think it will be a very cool show:-)

The wildcard winner Elaiza from last years ‚Club Concert‘ won the German national final of ‚USfÖ 2014‘ and represented Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen. What do you think about your chances?
Ann Sophie: Haha.. That's one of the most asked questions.. It's a totally different situation for me. I try not to think about it too much, because it would create even more pressure. I feel honored that I get the chance to perform with many fantastic acts. Of course I would be happy to represent Germany in Vienna... it would be a huge honor, especially because it is the 60th anniversary but I cannot think about right now. I just focus on the next step and we will see what happens. The people will decide - anything is possible ;-)

What is your first Eurovision memory?
Ann Sophie: Lena :-) 'Satellite' from Lena is still stuck in my head. 

Do you have a personal messag for our readers?
Ann Sophie: Of course, let's record a video message for them :-)

One last question.. There are already some picturs and video impressions from the rehearsals from yesterday and today on internet available. In social medias you can read that your songs are one of the favorites for tomorrow. Is this something what you follow on social media?
Ann Sophie: Mostly, I don't follow those comments. I'm looking forward to perform and hopefully I get to sing both songs. I still have big respect for this huge event. At the end the audience has to decide who should represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna and with which song... :-) So...all of us will hopefully make the audience happy. I am sure they must be as nervous as we are.

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your songs tomorrow in the German final of 'Unser Song für Österreich' and maybe we see you with one of the songs in Vienna :-)
Ann Sophie: Thank you so much! See you soon :-)
Find out more about Ann Sophie and follow her:

No comments:

Post a Comment