Friday, March 6, 2015

Germany: Ann Sophie to Vienna!


The German national final of 'Unser Song für Österreich' took place yesterday in the Tui Arena in Hannover. In total eight acts were competing for the ticket to Vienna. It was a fantastic show with eight complete different music styles.

In the super final Germany had to decide between Andreas Kümmert with 'Heart of Stone' and Ann Sophie ('Wildcard' winner 'Clubconert') with 'Black Smoke'. Barbara Schöneberger, who hosted the show, announced Andreas Kümmert as the winner of 'USfÖ'... Only some moments after the announcement Andreas Kümmert said to the audience:
"I'm very thankful that you like my music and for all your support. At the moment it's not possible for me to accept the choice. I give the victory to Ann Sophie.."
The whole arena were shocked about what happened in that moment.. Barbara spoke to him to make it clear..
"You say that you don't want to go to Vienna because it could be not your world?"
"I think she is a much better choice than me... I'm sorry.." answered Andreas

Andreas left the stage and Barbara announced Ann Sophie, who came second in the final, as WINNER of 'Unser Song für Österreich'. She will represent her country in May with her song 'Black Smoke'. Here you can see the winners performance..


"I love 'Back Smoke' and I'm very happy and thankful that I get the chance to represent Germany with this song at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest in May in Vienna." said Ann Sophie after the show. 
If you missed the German final of 'USfÖ', you can watch it here:



After the show a press conference took place with Thomas Schreiber (NDR) Barbara Schöneberger (Host) and of course Ann Sophie. More about the press conference and pictures are coming later that day.

Find out more about Ann Sophie and follow her:


No comments:

Post a Comment